Issues Addressed in Therapy
Sometimes people know why they want to come to therapy. At other times, things in life just don't feel right but it's hard to pinpoint what the issue is. In our early sessions, we will clarify the direction and focus of our work.
My practice includes work with the following:
- feelings of low mood and low self-worth
- healing from experiences of trauma and abuse (in childhood or adulthood)
- relationships, sex and intimacy
- disordered eating and body image
- polyamory and non-monogamy
- impacts of societal oppressions, such as racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, ageism and fatphobia
- questions related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- emotional impacts of infertility or termination
Have an issue that you want to address in therapy, but don't see it on this list? Feel free to contact me to discuss whether I can support you, or if I know of another therapist who can.